Specific software and hardware may vary in each room. Follow the links for detailed information on known room differences. If you discover something missing, broken, or otherwise not working in your room, please let ITS know using this electronic feedback form. You may also call the IT Support Line at (703) 526-6990 (x6990).
Permanently Installed in Smart Classrooms
- Computer with DVD player
- In –ceiling mounted projector
- Wall based controls to run the projector
- Sound from the projector and additional desktop speakers
- Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007 Office 2003 will be removed in the Summer of ‘09
- SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences) 15 SPSS 17 will be installed in the summer of ’09 and 15 will be removed
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe Flashplayer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Antivirus Software
- Anti Spyware programs
- While we have not been diligent in the past starting December 1st 2008, each e-Learning classroom will have all relevant software updates done monthly. This is for patches and updates to programs such as Windows, Realplayer, FlashPlayer, etc.
- Changes in software versions such as going from SPSS 15 to 17 will be announced and done between semesters. Enough notice will be given so that any changes in books and teaching material can be obtained if needed.
- Adding permanent new software is always done as a collaboration between the schools and ITS
Additional E-Classroom Software Requested by Faculty
- ITSS will send out a reminder to submit a request for any software required to be installed prior to the start of the semester. This is usually done a month before the previous semester has ended.